Hours: Full Time
We are recruiting for a Part II Architectural Assistant or recently qualified Architect to support our Senior Architect/Design Manager.
You will assist on a broad range of housing projects developing feasibility studies, concept and detailed designs for outline and detailed planning applications for minor and major developments.
Applicants must demonstrate excellent design and graphic communication skills and have had experience in a customer facing role. An interest in place making and urban design as well as architecture is important. A good understanding of design software packages e.g. AutoCad LT and Architecture, Revit, SketchUp, Creative Suite is highly advantageous.
- Generate detailed drawings using CAD for feasibility and detailed planning submissions and presentation renders and visuals using Sketchup, Photoshop, Revit and hand sketches.
- Assist in preparing planning reports and site analysis information.
- Making appointments of and coordinating sub consultants input for planning applications.
- Assist in preparing CDM 2015 Principal Designer risk assessments and gathering existing site data.
- Liaise and manage all project third party sub-contractors and suppliers ensuring they provide design drawings and reports to the project brief to support planning applications.
- Prepare and compile copy for proposals and presentations as required.
- Ensure the Architectural Design Manager, Land Buyer and Construction Director are kept up-to-date with all creative / technical project developments and support the sales and marketing team preparing material for brochures and digital marketing.
- Liaise with technical team preparing construction information.
- Raise purchase orders for third party invoicing to the finance team specification.
- Part I/II Architecture degree working towards Part III.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Exceptional time management, planning and meticulous attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude combined with passion, energy, care and enthusiasm.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- To be able to speak knowledgeably and articulately about all aspects of the work of Clarendon Homes and to support the organisation’s principal aims and objectives.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Architectural Design Manager, Land Buyer and Directors and to seek support from appropriate staff at the earliest opportunity should problems arise.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.